Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feasting at the Country Club, Every Weekend!

Yes, we frequent the Lexington Golf and Country Club quite regularly, in black slacks, white shirts, and ties...in the form of waitstaff for weekend banquets. Its turned out to be a great job for me and convienent second job for Luke, who works at Radio Shack. We make great tip money---'cause the food is gormet and everyone drinks up a storm, get to eat whatever we want, and get to take home all the pretty floral arrangements (I'm most excited about that part). It's also a great job during college 'cause it convinces you to stay in school---after finishing at 2 am taking down the room and then putting it all back up for a different occassion there's no way I would want to have to do this for the rest of my life! But we've got down all the different formal table settings (the coffee cup handle points to 5 o'clock), and its interesting getting to see how the kitchen functions. If I ever do become a chef I'll definitely specialize in pastry, and Luke's a perfectionist when it comes to meat---how about that for a restaurant, cake and steak! Yeah, we waited a wedding last Saturday and I was most excited about the cake, Luke brought home brisket...

7 comments:

Ryan and Megan said...

I'm so jealous of you Ab! How come you get to work at a country club surrounded by gourmet food and I have to work at an old peoples home surrounded by horrible smells and jello?? Not fair!!!

abichristi said...

p.s. meg---I really like the headlines of your posts, its obvious that you're getting into journalism, can't wait to watch The Megan Smith Show!! But I have to be a guest.

Ryan and Megan said...

Ab, I just saw on your families blog that you had a post explaining the picture slide show on your blog and I just went through them. Ab, I say QUIT YOUR JOB and go into modeling!! Seriously, you are amazing with the camera, it loves you! HOT

Kemp and Whitney said...

That sounds like a great place to work at. I bet it's fun!

Flem said...

Wow! What Megan said... You look like you are having a great time too!

The Elkington Family said...

Our bench? The one that "sits right outside the pool"? :) I can't believe they took our bench! Who do they think there are?

Ryan and Megan said...

Dear Abby, PLEASE MOVE TO BUFFALO!!! I miss you!!!