Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Road

Last night I finished reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road. I picked it up when I had a few extra minutes in the afternoon and ended up skipping my homework to finish it. I didn't want to put it down its that engrossing. And scary, and suspensful... Its really well-written, the author is a Pulitzer Prize winner. I'd recommend it if anyone wants a good read, that doesn't take long to get through, and that makes you lock all your doors while you're reading! I'm just gonna say--I hate basements, and we need more canned peaches. Cormac McCarthy is Lukes favorite author and he'd wanted to read it for a while, but I stole it before he started...last time that happened he never got to finish (it got left on a bus, by the way it was Killing Che, and we left it in Rosario, Che's birthplace---I mean when we were reading it we were seriously hiding the binding from the Argentines! I got to finish it, and it was really interesting also--an account of the CIA and the Bolivian gov't hunting down Che).
The Road comes out in theatres this November, I'm really interested to see how they make it and what it ends up being rated.

4 comments:

The Jayroes said...

well that's fun... canned peaches, huh? by the way, i am very angry about the SMALLER truffles! what were they thinking!!!?!
miss you.

Kemp and Whitney said...

where are you guys living now?

Kemp and Whitney said...

I had no idea you were in VA still. Are you still taking classes at SVU then? We are in TX and I just started looking for a job yesterday. We were kind of thinking we would end up moving sooner, but we haven't so it's def time for me to get a job b/c I'm bored out of my mind home alone every day.

Kemp and Whitney said...

Right now Kemp is an office manager for a construction company and I have a few interviews lined up as of today at 24 Hour Fitness and Life Time Fitness. Wish me luck! I think they will be pretty good jobs.red