Saturday, August 9, 2008

California!

Luke gave me the best suprise ever--a trip to California! Not only did we get to visit my grandma who I love so much, and not just because of her de-licious apricot jam, but my sister too. We drove, explored, slid through (literally!), shopped, and dined our way through San Francisco. Then we hit up my old home town of Sonora, and saw a few friends, but not nearly as much as I wish we had had time for. But I did introduce Luke to Calaveras Big Trees--a park dedicated to the Sierra Sequoia.



This is the tree where cars used to drive through. Now it's the perfect picture frame.


My favorite place! We visited my old home and I got to enjoy my orchard.



And my old house! The new owner plans to have it be a health retreat/spa. Of course I plan on buying it back when I am quite a bit richer....
Luke is the best husband ever, I LOVED my suprise!



7 comments:

The Jayroes said...

awwww, yay! how fun!!! :)
p.s. look at my tag - i tagged you!!

Ryan and Megan said...

WHAT? You went to Sonora?!! Ab, you told me that you weren't going there. My parents are going to be SO MAD that you didn't stop by. Wow, they are going to be ANGRY!!! Okay I'm just kidding. Looks like you had a great time!

Kemp and Whitney said...

That's really awesome! Looks like a lot of fun :)

Flem said...

Glad to see you are finally posting some stuff. I am also glad to see that Luke is hooking you up with some fun surprises...

Julie said...

Hi Abby,

I am just popping in on your blog trying to get your mom's email address. It is just not fair, she can comment on my blog, but I cannot comment on hers. Oh fiddlesticks.

Julie Vasher

Ryan and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Ab-Dog!! I am so jealous of you. You share birthdays with not only John Mccain, but with MICHEAL JACKSON!!! You are so legendary! I love you!!!!

Ryan and Megan said...

I want another post!!!!